Saturday, December 31, 2022

This time ten years ago

This photo came up in my Facebook memories this morning from 2012. 

It was Nuora's birthday cake. I looked at the photo and thought, "Did I make that? I have no recollection of it at all." I had to look back through my blog to find out that, yes, I did make it.

At the time I undoubtedly had my criticisms but in retrospect, as long as you don't look too closely, I think it's quite a good dolphin. 

Browsing through photos then I found the cake I made for GrandDaughter1's birthday the same year.
Gosh, I used to put a lot of effort in!

Unrelated, I came across a post I'd written on the last day of 2012 about Zac's and realised it is still relevant today. I'll put that in a separate post though.

And last night, I'm delighted to say, we finished the third season of His Dark Materials. I spent the first few episodes not having a clue what was going on and the last few just wishing it would end. Seriously how can it take forty-five minutes to say goodbye to somebody? Anyway now we can get on to watching things I really want to watch, like the Christmas specials of The Detectorists, Death in Paradise and Doc Martin, and the new season of Vienna Blood.

We've also finished all the Christmas chocolates (barring Maltesers which I'm hiding for emergencies.) Even my loose trousers are tight.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those cakes are marvelous!

Anna said...

The Christmas episode of Detectorists is lovely!