Monday, December 05, 2022

MAGs not WAGs

Apparently my Google storage space is full so I'm having to clear out duff or multiple photos to make room for current photos hence the delay in showing you the Taster menu from Slice:


and Husband's birthday cheesecake:
* * * * * *

We have a tall fridge. I chose it as I wanted more fridge than freezer space. The problem is that I can't see, let alone reach, what's at the back on the top shelf, so things get forgotten. Like this:

It was in a jug but I have absolutely no idea what it could be. Any suggestions? (I've thrown it away now in case you're wondering.)

* * * * * *
I've spent a large chunk of this weekend's mornings watching GrandSons1 and 3 play football. Then yesterday evening I sat down with Husband to watch England play Senegal in the first knock-out round of the World Cup. 

Sheesh, it was boring. For forty minutes anyway and then England seemed to remember why they were there and scored two goals in quick succession. 

I didn't bother watching the second half. (Final result 3-0.)

The boys' football was much more exciting. At least they spent all their time trying to get goals. And we have a lovely group of MAGs - mums and grannies - cheering them on from the sidelines. We might not be as glamorous as the WAGs - speaking for myself that is: there are plenty of gorgeous mums - but we turn up in all weathers and say encouraging things even when the team loses 10-0.

Which is what happened to GrandSon1's team. Fortunately they're a lovely group of boys who just enjoy playing together for the fun of it and don't worry too much about the result. Unlike the opposition on this occasion who, even from their winning angle, found things to grumble about. 

One of their players (11 years old) had to be told off and penalised for arguing with and answering back at the ref. And, apparently, then his dad got stroppy with the ref. And I'd have sent the coach off for his bad language too!

* * * * * *

And in the afternoon I wrapped some Christmas presents. I had Christmas music playing and took my time, and only cheated a couple of times using tape to help me.

They look quite nice I think. Maybe not up to posh people's or Sisters-in-law's wrapping but good for me.



3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That cheesecake is GORGEOUS!

Marie Smith said...

Your football weekend with your grandsons sounds wonderful to me. Cheering them on from the sidelines! Perfect!

Boud said...

You're such a faithful grandma! Cheering on kids football, yes.