Saturday, December 03, 2022

Feeling obliged

After watching GrandSon1 play football for an hour I felt and must have looked cold when I walked into the Craft Fayre in the village as the woman at the door said, "Oooh, go and get yourself a cup of tea."

So I felt obliged. And when it was too hot to drink I felt obliged to sit there and wait.

Then looking at some items on a stall and considering one for a Christmas present I spoke to the woman who made it who said, "Pick it up, have a closer look."

So I did. And I put my glasses on. Then realised it wasn't as good as I'd thought. But couldn't say that and felt obliged to buy it.

I am a seller's dream.

* * * * * *

We've been celebrating Husband's birthday this week. On the day, Thursday, I took him to Slice, our favourite restaurant, where, once again, we had the taster menu. All so delicious it was impossible to choose a favourite.

Then yesterday all the local family came round for a quick tea of pizza and chips, followed by Husband's traditional birthday cheesecake. I must ask him if he'd like something different next year.

Afterwards we all went to the theatre to see Shrek, the Musical. Great fun, and everyone enjoyed it I think, although the executioner's codpiece was a trifle alarming.

The grandsons had a good giggle when he appeared and, apparently, GrandDaughter2 (aged 7) asked Daughter-in-Law why everyone in the audience was laughing. D-i-L muttered something and GrandDaughter2 said, "Is it because of his willy?"


3 comments:

Boud said...

Always shop with your glasses on! And it's fatal to handle the goods. They'll be coming home with you. Sellers know this!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh my, that codpiece, LOL!

sparklingmerlot said...

Now we need to see what it is you were shamed into buying!
Kids have no filters. Love them.