Wednesday, September 28, 2022

I'm back!

Thank you to those who asked if I was okay: I am, I've just been on holiday! I would have blogged on holiday . . . but I couldn't remember my password! So be prepared for a flurry of activity as I try and recall all I would have blogged had I been able to.

Two days of driving (by Husband) through four countries - Italy, France, England and Wales - and we're home again. I think we spent marginally more time under mountains than under the sea (about thirty minutes on the Eurotunnel) as even though the longest under mountain tunnel took only about twelve minutes there were numerous others, some long, some short. As long as I don't think about the 'what ifs' when I'm underground/sea I'm fine. There are plenty of escape doors but where do they lead? To a long tunnel deep under and inside a mountain/sea.

Anyway I returned home to two hundred and thirty-eight emails only two of which were interesting, one because it's a bit dubious.

Time for dinner now - beans on toast - followed by a bit of television and bed. It's really an hour later now than it is, you know.

No, we didn't bring the children with us. We had to leave them behind. Big sigh.



4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I figured out that you had gone to Italy. Glad you had a wonderful time with the grandkids!

PipeTobacco said...

Yeah!!! I am glad that your lack of posts was for a good and happy reason!!!!!! Very, very nice!

PipeTobacco

Boud said...

You had mentioned you were going to be away, so I just waited patiently till you got back. I assumed Italy was the destination, where else? Anyway welcome back.

Marie Smith said...

Glad you are back safely. Great photo with the sweeties!