Monday, September 12, 2022

Big Brother is watching

We had what was probably our last barbecue of the year yesterday. It wasn't the best of weather - intermittent showers - but we stuck it out, although the children wisely played indoors.

Husband suggested we had brisket so I slow-cooked it in a barbecue sauce and then he finished it off on the barbecue. It was nice but not as good as Elder Son's version.
At the start of slow-cooking.

With macaroni cheese.

For pudding we  had crumble made with rhubarb, apples and raspberries from the garden.



For a large part of the early afternoon a helicopter hovered around the area and in particular over our garden. It was suggested they were spying on me after my rants about the Prince of Wales. 

When we heard police cars too I ran and hid.

* * * * * * 
In my latest podcast I talk about George and ask, "Do pets go to heaven?" (Spoiler alert: I don't know.)





3 comments:

Boud said...

I do like your voice! And your thoughtful, simple musings.

Liz Hinds said...

Why thank you, Boud!

pam nash said...

Yes, yes all loved ones - pets included go to whatever heaven you believe in. Your brisket recipe made me smile - that's the same way my husband used to fix it.