Saturday, August 20, 2022

Big bench, little bench

Official Day 3 of Covid. Feeling much the same i.e. not too bad at all. But wouldn't you know it? Today I had a letter inviting me for my next Covid booster!

The appointment would have been for 3rd September but as you can't have the booster within 28 days of a positive test I'll have to re-arrange it.

GrandSon4's birthday tomorrow. In other circumstances - - George being in good health - we would have been in Italy for it. Will not be depressed. Instead will remember the first day we met him. 

Nuora had gone back to be with her parents for the months leading up to the birth while Younger Son was finishing up their environmental project in Malaysia, so, as soon as we got word that Baby had arrived Husband and I set off for Italy to meet our new grandchild. 

Nuora put him into my arms and it was love at first sight - obviously. We were in the garden at her parents' house and I sat down on a chair only to go a*** over t** as the chair was on uneven ground. Even as I flashed my knickers to the world I managed to keep a safe hold on GrandSon4 who was unshaken by my little calamity.


Plus some Italian benches.








7 comments:

Ole phat stu said...

Expected duration under German rules here is 10 days

Boud said...

Happy grandma, baby can take it or leave it! More adoration, ho hum..

But if you have covid I doubt if you could have traveled anyway, no? Sorry about George, continuing concerns there.

Someone missed the chance of a great candid shot of grandma standing on her head still firmly holding the precious baby.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cute Baby GrandSon4 looks like he's making a facepalm! Probably thinking "Oh no! Why can't my Gran just say 'arse over teakettle' like it's no big deal?" LOL! And wow, they like their benches either super big or super small in Italy, don't they?

Boud said...

Wait, wait, tea kettle is a euphemism for tip! Well, he's four now, just the age to be exploring words to shock the grownups, so we should put it to him!

Marie Smith said...

Congratulations on the new little cutie to love! Glad you or baby weren’t hurt!

pam nash said...

Must have been the invisible third arm many mothers (and others) develop. It popped out at the moment of tumble, to hold young grandson carefully and securely. I wouldn't mind having one of the big benches in my yard.

Boud said...

Oh, I see now, #4 is the number of the grandson, not his age. Ah, read previous comments in light of this realization..