Monday, June 27, 2022

The man in the van

I have been trying to read and comment on Boud's blog but I am distracted by the man outside the gate.

At first I thought he was delivery man. Deliveries are always exciting. Could it be the replacement arbour bit? No, too soon. My new swimming costume (yes another one)? That's a possibility.

Why is he taking so long? Can't he find the right parcel? Should I go and help?

Oh no! Now he's put on what looks a like a haz-mat suit! What on earth is he delivering?

Wait! Perhaps he's not a delivery man but a drain man. He has a big red thing on the side of his van but I can't see what it is. I am going to have to go upstairs and have a good peer. This is where George has the advantage. No-one thinks it's rude if he lies on the grass out the front and watches what people are doing.

But I hope he goes soon because we have a Sainsburys delivery coming between 12.46 and 1.46 and it's currently, oh, 12.46 exactly.

Went upstairs, had a good look. It's an asbestos removal service van. Asked Husband if he'd forgotten to tell me anything. He was too busy playing Fortnite to reply.

Not only is the van outside our house it's right in the middle of the road as well. I can see I'm going to have to . . . um, I know, go and pick some roses.

Solved it. He's working on the house next door but one.

Which doesn't explain why his van is outside our house in the middle of the road. Hope Sainsburys can get here. Oh no, it's just arrived too!

All is well. Sainsburys has very good delivery drivers who are amiable and have a can-do attitude.

I'm supposed to be prepping for tomorrow night's bible study. I'm also composing a post in my head but it's taking a lot of thought. Must stop procrastinating.

3 comments:

Boud said...

I thought he might be an exterminator. The people who bomb the house next door and all the fleas migrate to your house and dog. Ask me how I know this.

Liz Hinds said...

How do you know that, Boud?!

PipeTobacco said...

What sort of store/service is Sainburys? I was not sure from my brief Internet search.

PipeTobacco