Friday, June 24, 2022

In which I celebrate

Today to celebrate my wedding anniversary I met a friend at Verdi's for ice cream. Okay, it was coincidental timing but our trips out as a couple, Husband and me that is, are limited these days on account of not wanting to leave George on his own for any length of time. 

Although he seems a bit better and hasn't had a seizure for some time we're still cotton-woolling him. So I went out this morning.

I've noticed that many people think about what they wear, choosing their outfits carefully. Some of the ladies who come to my Monday exercise class could be just as easily going to a cocktail party, with their scarves, smart clothes and make-up. I am more of a 'look, sniff, that'll do' sort of person so when I make an effort and discover I look like a lady I am excited and pleased with myself. Such was the case this morning.

I'm still dressed like that but starting to get a bit twitchy and need to change soon into my usual scruffy gear.

After Verdi's I went to Next to collect and try on a new bathing costume I'd ordered. I came home with two bathing costumes, two pairs of shorts and a t-shirt. Still they'll do me for a good for few years, I tell myself as I see how much it costs.

Then this afternoon I wanted to post a letter so took George with me to the post-box which is literally down the road. It took a very long time. As George hasn't been outside much every bit of greenery had to be sniffed, tasted or peed on. 

Then he sat down. 
You can just see the postbox behind the parked van. Fortunately we'd stopped to chat to an elderly gentleman who said he'd stay with George while I ran the next few yards. We needn't have worried: George had no intention of moving.

Our lazy meanderings gave me time to study the walls along our road. I saw three ships - or sailing boats.
And here is a photo of the mock orange blossom in our garden. My mum planted a bush in the garden of the house I grew up in, saying I could carry some on my wedding day. She died before I married but a sprig was included in my bouquet.

And tonight for a special celebration we have a Tesco Meal Deal! Not even M&S. 


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love your story about the mock orange blossom! And I'm sure George enjoyed the trip to the post box very, very much.