Sunday, May 22, 2022

How does your garden grow?

I notice Blog Visitor Count seems to be down. That's all really. I'm not sure how accurate it is anyway. 

I just wrote, "As long as someone is reading it," and then I deleted it. I do love knowing some people read it and I'm incredibly grateful for my regular readers and commenters, but the blog exists primarily for me to empty my brain and serve as a reminder of when things happened. 

So that was apropos of nothing.

Before and after garden photos. Sadly Husband had to take over and do the planting but I shall claim it as all my work when they flourish or blame him if they fail.

When I say before I mean before planting not clearing. I should have taken a photo then when it was a mess and you would have been so impressed.

There is a blue/purple theme going on here. All being well and assuming I picked up the right plants.

And here are some of the things currently blooming in our garden.
That's as well as rhubarb and bindweed of course.

Elder Son and family came around yesterday afternoon and ES cooked a delicious chilli on the barbecue. I do enjoy being cooked for.




8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I've noticed that blog comments/visits are way down too. I think a lot of people deserted the blogosphere once we were able to resume relatively normal, busy lives out and about after covid. That's my "working theory" anyway.

Boud said...

There's also the blogger on the fritz theory. I never look at visitor count, just read comments, which I love. Over the years I've been blogging it's come and gone. So I look on it like the stock market -- it goes up then later down then later, etc.

Marie Smith said...

I thought the berries were tomatoes until I had a closer look.

Boud said...

I just realized they're gooseberries!! Great for jam. Or just eating, really.

Lisa said...

I noticed the count being down too, but attributed it to my inconsistency in posting. Blogging has been a lifeline for me at times, but I fear it is going out of style. It's not the instant gratification that you get with other forms of social media. Very little goes viral here.

Travel said...

I am looking forward to local rhubarb in the famers market soon

LL Cool Joe said...

Yes blogging isn't what it used to be. I agree with Debra, once we were allowed out again people appear to have stopped blogging so much. The strange thing is you'd think that we would now have more things to blog about but it doesn't seem to be working that way. I personally find it hard to write about something new and interesting. It just seems like I'm repeating the same old stuff all the time.

Your garden is looking good.

Polly said...

I like being cooked for too, my son-in-law cooked a roast dinner yesterday followed by berry cheesecake. I don't have a counter on my blog but I've looked at the stats, loads of visitors last July and Aug, then very quiet, then shot up again April and May. Like you though my blog is my online diary, and something I enjoy doing. It is nice when visitors leave comments though. Your plants are looking good.