Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Christmas of Fortnite


This has been the Christmas of Fortnite.

With three out of four men in the family, two grandsons and occasionally one granddaughter playing it, not a day has gone by without tactics discussed, victories enjoyed, and occasional sulks (from Granddad.)

Husband has emerged from his den only for refreshment and toilet breaks (and walking George), and sometime to complain that the grandsons are being mean to him. 'They burned down the bush I was hiding in!'

And when Fortnite has been down for updates Husband has had to resort to Civilisation. 

It's fine by me as I potter around happily but I do object when I'm trying to have a peaceful lie-in and all I can hear from next door is, 'Where are you? Watch out! There are two of them. Ahhh, they got me. Come and revive me!'

'Why don't you play it, Granny?' GrandSon1 asks me.

I just laugh. 

Any game based on co-ordination, speed and stealth is not for me.

4 comments:

Boud said...

Now I have to find out what this game is. I'm very uneducated on games. It sounds ss if it's giving you a peaceful time anyway.

Kathy G said...

I gave up any video game that requires hand/eye coordination back in the late 80s when I realized that three-year old son could beat me :-) I much prefer untimed puzzle games like mah jong.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Give it a try! Who knows, you might turn out to be a mighty Fortnite warrior!

Tasker Dunham said...

I'm happy playing simple games. I can stop when I want.