Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Don't blame me - the tin was the wrong size

I use my old Welsh cookbook for my everyday fruit cake - although usually with the addition of apple.

I changed tins three times because Husband was out. (I rely on his spatial awareness to tell me what fits in where.) I finally decided to use the big one. Which is why the cake is a bit thinner than normal.

However its name in the book is Teisen Lap - cake on a plate. My gran used to make hers on an old tin plate. So that is the explanation I gave in Zac's to whoever asked why my cake was so flat. 'It's meant to be. It's cake on a plate.'



 * * * * * 

Husband's birthday today. He wanted to go to the gym as usual so then we walked George on a rather blustery Mumbles Hill.

A walk on the wild side
We're both currently relaxing before the grandchildren come around after school, and before we go out for a meal this evening


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday to your husband -- sounds like a good day of celebration is planned!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Debra!

Polly said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, hope he is having a good day, and enjoying all the scrummy food you have bought/made.

PipeTobacco said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! You might have also tried calling the cake, simply a “plate cake”.

I also loved the recipe’s…….”Demerara Sugar”…… again a new term not used in my region…. and when I looked up what it was….. it appears to be something we call Turbino Sugar….. at least I think so.

PipeTobacco

pam nash said...

Looks like a nice walk wild side or no. And did you meet any wild things on your walk?