Thursday, July 29, 2021

On the up

Thanks to lovely people on here and on FaceBook who've sent love and have validated my feelings, and to those who've listened to me or allowed me to write out my feelings to them, I am feeling much better. Still sad of course but not crying every five minutes and less tummy-tense.

And big thanks to God too. 

Anyway, radio piece written, recorded and approved by the producer. And I can use that as the basis for my next Bay article. 

I don't think I told you that, because they weren't able to book their dog on the same flight, Younger Son and family left Lobo here with us. He's only staying until next Sunday when he gets his own private taxi out to Italy. (Don't ask!) That is, if I let him go. He really is very lovely, and needs lots of exercise so we're back into long walks - having to leave George at home, where he gets enough exercise just pestering lobo. Honestly, you'd think an old dog would have more sense, but George is the one who keeps barking at Lobo and wanting to play.

This is Lobo suggesting that I should move away from my computer and walk him instead.

I wasn't so happy with him yesterday morning though when he jumped down from our front wall and went on to the road outside. I had to run out in my short nightie to get him in.

But he is very lovely.

What else? Oh yes, chopping up onions for chilli for thirty in Zac's yesterday - because I haven't cried enough this week!

And exercise class yesterday with Jim. He had us sitting still in a squat position while using weights. Every bit of me aches today. And I usually don't start until the day after the day after ...

But the punching in that position was quite stress-relieving. I created my own mantra:
B****r Brexit, b****r lockdown, b****r woman in woods, b****r Boris.'

Each reason behind Younger Son's decision to emigrate got an almighty wallop. At least, as almighty as I could manage at that point quite late on in the lesson. But it felt good.

Like this only without the standing up bit. Just holding the squat ...

Obviously I looked just like the woman in the picture, apart from my Eric Morecambe shorts, my baggy 'Away with the fairies' t-shirt, my trembling arms/legs, and less-toned muscles. 




5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Ouch! I can feel the hurt from that position just looking at it. No wonder you’re so sore.

Walking the dog so much would have helped with the intense sadness too. I am glad the feeling is not as intense now. Hang in there,

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Marie. x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lobo is one cute canine!

Janie Junebug said...

Lobo is rather wild eyed. If I squatted, I would not be able to get up.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

Cryptocurrency is an online Trading network where by an individual invest a certain amount of purchased coins and earn a formidable return by just sitting in front of your MOBILE / PC. I will teach you on how to mine your To earn up to $6,500 even with a capital of $600
NOTE; THIS ISN'T JUST BITCOINS OR IT SCAMS❌.
ITS CRYPTOCURRENCY ONLY��☑️☑️
DM THE ADMINISTRATOR@
WHATSAPP: (+17168691327)