Monday, January 11, 2021

A little book of soap

Do you remember using soap leaves? 

I have a memory from my childhood of soap that came in little packets similar to matches. And you'd tear off a leaf of soap when you needed it.

This, from Crabtree and Evelyn in 1977, was the closest image I could find:

I must have been given it as it sounds far too frivolous for us to have had in the house as a norm. I think a similar product is available today and would be useful to carry in a pocket for emergencies.


3 comments:

WD-40 said...

I did a search on "Crabtree & Evelyn soap leaves" only to find the hits populated by people who wanted to sell old packets. One offered a packet of 70 leaves for nearly $30 US.

A search on "soap sheets" produced a site that sells sheets in 4 different scents - with a nice photo. https://www.travelandleisure.com/style/shopping/fomin-soap-sheets-amazon

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I never saw, or even heard of, soap leaves until I was an adult. Someone did give me a packet as a gift once (probably my sister, who was a huge Crabtree & Evelyn fan until that chain went belly up in Canada a few years back.) I was a huge fan of C&E too for many years, mainly of their "Goats Milk" bubble bath until they inexplicably discontinued it. They went seriously downhill before closing.

Marie Smith said...

I’ve never seen these before. Would be a good thing to carry around these days though.