Tuesday, July 14, 2020

His Pink Period

Busy going through the study notes while walking. Unusually I didn't suddenly come upon anyone while chatting away to myself. And I did manage to drag myself away long enough to spot these beauties.

I've noticed that the year starts with yellows and blues, and goes to the pink/purples later in the summer. 

When we moved to Swansea we viewed a number of houses before choosing ours. A youngish widower lived in one and he had decorated each room with a colour theme, so he showed us around the Blue Room, and the Pink Room, and so on. It was a lovely characterful house but we were put off when he insisted on telling us how he'd nursed his dying wife to the end 'here in this house'. Fortunately a small garden gave us a good excuse to turn it down without upsetting him. 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The story would have put me off the house too.

My garden has many pinks. I didn’t plan it that way though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's why realtors should show houses, not the owners.

pam nash said...

Here the realtors encourage the owners to leave the house during a showing - - - and to paint the walls a bland color.