Sunday, May 31, 2020

Analysing jigsaws

It's not enough to do jigsaws; now I have to review them as well. I don't have to, of course, but this last one got me so irritated that I want to. (Hang on, crisp went down the wrong way, quick cough.)

There is a whole family of this Family series: Ireland, Scotland, Yorkshire, Cornwall etc, and at £11.99 I was tempted to buy a couple at once. I'm glad I only bought the Welsh one. The pieces don't have the traditional knobby cut and don't fit together well. Even when they're in the right place they look wrong - and when they're in the wrong place look right. And they come apart too easily so it breaks up when you're trying to move bits around. And, the picture on the front of the box, the guide, is too small. You can't see the details properly. Okay, that might be my eyesight.

I saw this Shakespeare one on someone's Twitter feed and liked it so decided to buy it even though it was £17.99. 


It came with an insert, the image roughly actual size, on the back of which were shown all the characters and places in the picture. Fascinating, and most importantly, it fitted together properly.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That £6 difference in price made a big difference in quality, didn't it?

Liz Hinds said...

It did, Debra. I'll not be making that mistake again.