Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Listeners WANTED!

All you lovely people out there! I know you're bored and looking for something to amuse you so may I suggest listening to the first episode of my podcast? It's also the test episode so I can amend it as necessary. But to know what needs improving I need people to listen and tell me!

This episode is about eighteen minutes long. All comments - constructive ones only please - will be appreciated.

I'm releasing this as a serialised podcast in order to create interest in the sequel. (And to sell millions of copies of both obviously.) (And to become rich and famous and have George Clooney star in the film version.)


9 comments:

Lisa said...

I enjoyed this so very much. I can't think of a thing that I'd change.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, this was just delightful! I enjoyed the jaunty opening music and you are a VERY entertaining reader! Plus the story (I assume it's chapter 1 of the book) is funny as hell!

Liz Hinds said...

That is fantastic! Thank you both so much. xx

Ole Phat Stu said...

No, sorry, not my thing.
Stick to blogging, Liz.

Liz Hinds said...

I expected that, Stu.

Marie Smith said...

I really enjoyed this podcast. The story itself was entertaining and the reading was easy to listen to. Your voice of the various characters was perfect and I chuckled at the content in many places. Great job!

PipeTobacco said...

Liz:

I listened to the podcast, and it was very, very nice!

Additional thoughts:

1. Your voice is very pleasant to hear and listen to.

2. Your cadence was really well suited for the material and was consistent all the way through.

3. You were able to record with minimal, virtually no extraneous noises, so that was also very good.

4. The musical interlude was a bit surprising at the front.... it was nice in total.... but at first it had just a hint of US Country-Western flavor which seemed a bit “different” from the subject matter..... but by the end of the music it felt a bit more Celtic in flavor which seemed a better fit.

5. I would suggest potentially having some “after reading” ending on the podcast to finish it. At least what I was able to hear ended immediately after you finished reading.

Overall, excellent job, in my opinion!!!!

PipeTobacco



MaryB said...

Loved hearing your voice, Liz! Loved the podcast. Well done!

pam nash said...

Very well done. Very enjoyable. When is episode 2?