Wednesday, February 05, 2020

A royal visit

I wasn't in Mumbles yesterday but other people were. In particular, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

They had an ice cream at Joe's and walked on the pier to meet the lifeboatmen and see the lifeboat being launched. (Not my photos obviously.) (And it looks like Kate has trouble with her bra straps slipping too.)
Joe's wouldn't have been my choice. They're an old established Swansea firm but only opened in Mumbles comparatively recently. I grew up with Fortes ice cream, which is still better in my opinion. Joe's is one of the few ice creams I'm really not very keen on. 

It was a lovely day for their visit though quite cold and breezy. They made a lot of people and school-children very happy.

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You'd have to pay anyone here to eat an icecream in February! A bag of chips, on the other hand...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cold day to be eating ice cream, no matter how blue your blood already is.

CherryPie said...

It looks like they were having fun on their visit :-)