Wednesday, January 08, 2020

When do you eat your chocolate decorations?

Even though we took the tree down on Sunday it's taken until today for me to get around to returning the lounge to its usual pristine (!) condition. For a tree that wasn't supposed to drop its needles it lost a carrier-bagful.

That might have been because the grand-dog and children kept trying to squeeze behind it. And they might also have been responsible for the paucity of chocolate decorations left on the tree.

I assume I must have learned from my own family traditions that you didn't eat the chocolate off the tree until you took it down. A nice treat perhaps to relieve the post-tree sorrow. Maybe I'll just give in and dole them out on a daily basis next year.

Keeping a separate store hidden for me of course.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, a secret stash of chocolate goodies is a MUST!

Furtheron said...

Long been a source of annoyance with the kids. My wife would only let them have them after the tree was down on 12th night.

Now though the kids no longer live at home so we have a huge pile 😂😂

PipeTobacco said...

Having chocolate on the tree is a new idea for me..... never had that growing up or up until now (having heard of it). I think we will try it next year! The only candy we had put on the tree regularly were candy canes..... and they were never particularly popular. :)

Hopefully, even though it sounds like most of the chocolate was absconded with, I hope you did find at least a few to sooth the “taking down the tree blues”. :)

PipeTobacco

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

We dont have Chocolate decorations an more. But when we did. They were ate whilst the tree was still up.and by the 6th January.