Thursday, January 30, 2020

Defeated by instructions

I bought a buggy a while ago and when it arrived I noticed the promised rain hood wasn't there. I emailed Mothercare and they sent me one.

Since then, in wind, in drizzle, and in full-blown storms I've tried to put on the rain hood with no success. This morning I decided I'd try, at home, no pressure, no rush. I still couldn't do it.

Okay, I gave up; I looked at the instructions (that I hadn't realised I had). That turned out to be two diagrams, which were, in the words of Great-auntie Vi, about as much use as a sore arse to a tailor. However the buggy didn't seem to look the same as the diagrams.

This made me wonder ...

I got out the original rain hood. Yes, I had found it quite by accident in a hidden secret pocket under the seat. Opened the packaging to find something completely different from the one sent to me by Mothercare. Something that is simple to put on and fits!

Much dancing around the hall.
Apropos of nothing, my latest article for The Bay magazine is now available here. In it I ask if my body is a temple or a bouncy castle.

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I hadn’t head you Auntie’s comment before. Good one!

pam nash said...

Yes - I've gotten things that included diagram only instructions. Grrrrr. Words people! Use your words!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I enjoyed your Bay article! Bouncy castles are more fun than temples.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I would have enjoyed a chat with your great aunt!