Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A bit of this and a bit of that

I say to myself, 'I wonder if they'll take ... hostages? Revenge? Prisoners?' No, that's not what I'm trying to say.' By which point I can't remember who 'they' are and what I was saying anyway.

* * * * * * *
I think I may have finished my Christmas shopping. I've spent the afternoon wandering around town in the rain looking for - and failing to find - inspiration so I just bought 'stuff'. And I'm about to go for weigh-in as I missed it on Monday. 

* * * * * * *
Attended my first nativity play in Welsh yesterday. Managed to follow the plot and ooh-ed and aah-ed suitably over the shepherds, angels, and Mary but especially Cow 1. (GrandSon4 attends a Welsh medium school.) (I mean Welsh is the primary language not that it's anything less than an excellent school.)

* * * * * * *
On Saturday Nuora had a stall in the Funky Craft Fayre in Mumbles so I was roped in to help Younger Son take the two children to a birthday party at the local soft play place. We shared out the sitting-in-the-ball-pit-and-being-bombarded-by-strange-children and crawling-around-on-hands-and-knees duties.

At one point GrandSon4 and I were sitting on a step when a little girl began calling for her mummy. 'Help me, Mummy, I can't get out.' Mummy, who was sitting chatting to a friend, waved and ignored her. After she'd shouted a few times GrandSon4 said, 'I'd better go and rescue her,' and set off with me in pursuit. 

This was very admirable of him but said little girl - with snotty nose - became our best friend and wouldn't leave us alone, following us everywhere and blowing raspberries on my cheek.

It amazes me the self confidence of some children. None of my children or grandchildren would/will jump on complete strangers. (I'm pleased to say.)

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I am pleased to say mine don’t do that either. Some kids don’t have much supervision even though the parents are nearby.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I don't think that little girl gets a lot of guidance on behaviour.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Small children with snotty noses are never bashful, unfortunately.

LL Cool Joe said...

I would avoid any child with a snotty nose, unless it was my Granddaughter's of course.