Monday, October 21, 2019

Another good thing ...

about being married for a long time.

Saturday afternoon I was in the kitchen, Husband was doing something somewhere else. He came into the kitchen and I said, 'Who jumped off the ferry?'
'Mani Tuilagi.'

He didn't have to wonder what I was talking; he knew.

Of course it doesn't always work. Sometimes my thoughts are too random even for him.

* * * * * * * *

Fed up of feeling fat and not being strong-willed enough to do anything about it so I'm back to Slimming World tonight. 

I'm not looking forward to it. My weight has been steadily increasing and I don't need the scales to tell me that: all my clothes are tight and uncomfortable. So it's with renewed enthusiasm - sort of - that I'm returning to the fold. 

We went to Sainsburys this morning and not only did I resist all the goodies on offer I refused to go for tea and cake afterwards as has become our habit. Husband said, 'We're going to have to be good for a few weeks, are we?'
'For ever. It's not a diet, it's a change of lifestyle,' I said grandly - and knowing full well it's not. There has to be some pleasure in life.

2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I can relate to this post so well.

My husband would say the same to me about the lack of cake too.

I always know what he will say before he says it.

Liz Hinds said...

I'm going to have to be strong!