Thursday, June 20, 2019

Decisions, decisions

Yesterday I took part in an egg and spoon race, got bitten by a duck, and made two big decisions.

Decision 1: to cut ties with someone who has taken up too much space in my head for several years, caused me grievous amounts of stress, and now can't decide if I'm 'friend or enemy.' I'll be here if the right decision is made but until then, no thank you. 

Decision 2: I will not contact my half-sister. As several of you said, what if she says no? And what could she tell me about my father that I don't already know from my own answered question in the earlier post? If I forget and dither again on here please remind me of this decision.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did you beat the duck in the egg-and-spoon race and that's why it bit you?

Liz Hinds said...

You guessed it, Debra!

Furtheron said...

Good decisions Liz.
With regards to your father what if you met her and she was ebullient about what a great dad to her he was? Again you have a known position you've lived with for years best leave sleeping dogs lie.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Like your analogy.. If that's what it is.. Very big decisions too!!! A big well done to you Liz.. I need to do the first of your decisions.. Time will see. Pat your self on the back.. Well done.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Furtheron and Anne.