Sunday, May 26, 2019

No drugs, guns or explosives

In another life I would like to have been a dancer. Yes, I've just been watching West Side Story while ironing. It would have to be a very different life though as in this one I'm left-footed and lack co-ordination. But apart from that.

Or a drummer. Like this:



Lack of co-ordination is again a problem. I went to a drumming group for a while a few years ago but my inability to keep time became slightly embarrassing.

I went to a Gogol Bordello gig a number of years ago and would have loved to have gone in the mosh pit but Husband and the people we were with were more restrained, so I contented myself with jigging about madly.

* * * * * * 
Preparing to lead bible study in Zac's on Tuesday I was flicking through the book upon which the current series is vaguely based. It's called Holy Habits and it's written by a man who used to work with the Fresh Expressions team, an Anglican group set up to explore 'fresh expressions' of church. As part of his work he came to visit Zac's and he mentions us - very - favourably in the book. But the bit that tickled me today was where he writes this:
"At my favourite Fresh Expression, Zac's Place, there is a sign next to the entrance that is refreshingly different. It says: no drugs, no guns and no explosives. Immediately you get the sense that this is going to be a lively place."

I'd forgotten about that sign. It's just one of the things that we take for granted.

Anyway, I'm leading the study on the subject of fellowship and I'm wondering if I can get away with showing a large chunk from The Fellowship of the Ring. Save me thinking too much. Having said that trying to work out how I could show it would be more challenging than just doing the study. 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have an aspirational wild side that is totally unexpected.

Liz Hinds said...

I know! I would love to be more like you!

sonata said...

Ironing!!??

Liz Hinds said...

I'm sorry, Sonata. It was drilled into me by my formidable grandmother. She would come back to haunt me.