Thursday, February 21, 2019

The lion, Albert and Lottie Potter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whatever-William-Bee/dp/1406301337/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1550766447&sr=1-3&keywords=whateverI took GrandDaughter2 to the library for story-time after nursery this week and while we were there I picked up a book called Whatever.

It's a wonderful cautionary tale about Billy who isn't impressed by anything his dad shows him whether it's the tallest giraffe or the curliest trumpet. His dad gets the last laugh though.

And it reminded me of Albert and The Lion.


The librarian restarted story-time after several people - including me - asked about it. So far I think my favourite from the stories she's read for us must be Lottie Potter wants an Otter. Much much much better than The Wonky Donkey, the book that became an internet sensation - as they like to say - before Christmas and which I bought for two grandchildren on that basis. It was very disappointing.

No comments: