Monday, January 28, 2019

It's not just Garfield

We're clearing out Uncle's flat ready for letting and this morning we took a car load of stuff to the charity shop. The woman in there must hate Mondays because she had a very 'well if I must' attitude. I'll put it down to Mondays but, of course, she could be like it every day.

We need new curtains for one bedroom but we didn't have a tape measure so I used me. Width = right shoulder to left fingertips , drop = fingertip to fingertip plus twelve inches. Husband wasn't satisfied; he insisted he needed a tape measure.

With new GrandBaby being due soon the next few weeks could be busy. 

And the Six Nations rugby tournament begins next Friday evening with Wales playing France. Must remember to have a word with Baby about when is not a good time to arrive*. 

(*Any time is a good time.)
At the Australia game in 2013 complete with face painting and traditional pie.

4 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Curtains frustrate me. In the US at least, there has been a significant transition in the hanging mechanisms used for curtains.... there used to be three or four styles, but lately there are about 10 new hanging mechanisms and they have supplanted the old forms.... AND they require new rods and what not to be installed. All of that is "ok" in some ways.... but the problem in the new rod installs is that it requires wall repair and painting because the new mechanisms are different enough that the holes for the screws and bolts for the old mechanisms show. That needed repair frustrates me so the thought of changing curtains give me great stress even though my wife is very keen on changing our old curtains. It is almost enough stress to give me an excuse to retake up my beloved pipes and pipe tobaccos, I tell her. :)

PipeTobacco

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, Pipe Tobacco, so many different sorts of fittings. The curtains we have are fine except too short because the man who put in the curtain poles put them too high and it's too much effort to do as you say, remove, repair, replace.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

From my experience Grandbabies don't take any notice of what is a convenient time to appear - if anything I think they test us out by appearing at the worst time on the worst day!

Anonymous said...

Throughout life, I've had homes in which I bought drapes or paid someone to make drapes for extremely large windows but made all other curtains, myself; but, in our current home, before moving in, I had vertical blinds installed at all windows (including the garage windows) and have never bothered putting curtains and/or drapes up. Even vertical blinds have their challenges. I found that two of them, eventually, had to be replaced due to the weight of the blinds being too great for the draw mechanisms.

I like your measuring standards. No need for a tape when you have something else on which to depend!
Cop Car