Friday, January 11, 2019

Children, grown-ups and me

Nuora used to say that children were attracted to me, mainly because, at library rhyme times, toddlers would regularly become transfixed by me, no doubt for all sorts of reasons.

Yesterday I took GrandSon4 to a new playgroup for the first time. At the end, one child, with whom I'd had no interaction, came and kissed me goodbye; another little boy who was clearing things up brought them to me; and a little girl just sat and stared at me - ditto all sorts of reasons.

I think it must be because I relate better to children. They're more on my level. I can do imaginary adventures much better than small talk.

Speaking of adventures, while looking for treasure in Harry's Park in Alltwen, I found this rock.
NPT Rocks

It's the first decorated rock I've found for a long time, and I've brought it home and will re-hide it in Mumbles.

No comments: