In which we decide that running is not good for you
We saw an old i.e. older than me, man running in the woods this afternoon. George and I looked at each other. George shook his head, 'Can't be good for you,' he said. 'No,' I agreed. 'Loads of runners have heart attacks.' 'Really?' I had a think. 'I'm sure I heard of one.' 'Too much of a chance to take then,' George said. I agreed.
Anyway meandering and scrunching leaves is much more fun.
Very few runners get heart attacks, considering how many runners there are and how much running they do. The only reason I don't run myself is that my knees are a bit iffy and I don't want to make them worse.
5 comments:
Very few runners get heart attacks, considering how many runners there are and how much running they do. The only reason I don't run myself is that my knees are a bit iffy and I don't want to make them worse.
For me, I'd end up flat on my face. It has been known to happen! To me! 😂
That's the other thing, Nick, dodgy knees.
Dodgy knees lived in a barrel in grease ;-)
I seem to remember being able to run quite fast but it's such a long time ago ...
Post a Comment