Saturday, September 22, 2018

Pole dancer or lamb curry?

Going in the shower this morning I noticed how grubby it was looking. Being occupied with editing my novel has meant that I've pushed everything else to the back of the pile (because normally cleaning would be at the very top of my list, as you can probably imagine). 

A bit of impromptu naked shower cleaning was called for.

It turns out that it's a lot easier when you're in there so I might always do it that way in future.

Being outside is as wet as being in the shower today. A really grey cold miserable rainy day, the sort of day when you need to curl up in front of a roaring fire with a mug of steaming hot chocolate and a good book. Or a musical on television.

I, on the other hand, have put a lamb curry in to cook, done the ironing and the dishes, danced a smoochy dance with the ironing board, and now I'm sitting here wondering where Husband is.

Before I went out this morning he said, 'I'll probably be gone by the time you get back.'
'Okay,' I said.

I've only just realised I don't know where he was going. He could have left me and run off with a pole dancer for all I know. I hope he hasn't; lamb curry is his favourite.

4 comments:

Nick Rogers said...

Ah, you missed the note on top of the fridge - "Dear Liz, have eloped with a pole dancer. Lamb curry no longer needed. Best of luck for the future, Mike"

Terra said...

I like your sense of humor and am your newest subscriber. Please come over to my blog and say hi.

Anonymous said...

*Chuckling over the comments* It has been at least 30 years since I've cleaned showers from the outside. Years ago, an installer gave me a tip: Use liquid "soap" (I actually use Dawn liquid dishwashing detergent) for bathing to avoid soap scum. After I shower, I use a squeegee on the walls and floor, the use an old hand towel to shine up the chrome and dry the remaining drops of water from the sides and floor of the shower. I even go to the lengths of, occasionally, showering in my husband's bathroom or the guest bathroom (which I did, yesterday), just to assure they are clean - up to my standards. Hunky Husband does squeegee, but he doesn't use a towel on the shower surround.

Until I finished reading your posting, I had thought that your being naked in your shower was leading up to a revelation about your extra-curricular activities!
; )
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

If only I'd seen the note in time, Nick, much sorrow could have been avoided.

Hi Terra, thanks for visiting. I will call in.

Why didn't I find out about this secret until now, CC?!