Monday, August 20, 2018

Someone left the cake out in the rain

Or in this case someone left the pink walker out in the rain with the inevitable result that it lost its toot.

But fear not! Granny came to the rescue and with the aid of GrandSon4 and the wrong screwdriver got the back off the machine. I removed the batteries, dried the cavity and put in new ones. And what do you know? It worked!

So all was well.

That was three days ago. This afternoon I was sitting in the study minding my own business when a familiar toot came from the dining-room. As it was only George and me in the house I thought I must be imagining it and carried on doing not a lot. 

Toot, toot, toodle dee oompha pa pa.
And so it continued. For three hours. Until Husband hit it.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Good batteries - 3 hours! Not sure if you were lucky to repair or not. We had a few irritating toys around when the kids were young ...

Liz Hinds said...

It doesn't have an Off switch that's the trouble. I don't know what Husband did but it hasn't murmured since.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm surprised he waited that long!

nick said...

A good job it wasn't loud enough to upset the neighbours and have them reporting a screeching burglar alarm!

Liz Hinds said...

He was out for the most of the time, sonata!

Indeed, Nick, although nobody ever reports alarms going off around here.