Thursday, July 19, 2018

It was Christmas eve in a war zone

I just about managed to rise this morning but shining is still a long way off. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I had my usual stress dream last night. The one where it's 4.30 pm on Christmas eve and I've just realised I don't have a turkey. And all the family is coming for dinner. 

It was worse this time because I needed vegetables as well. Plus we were living in a war zone. Plus it was snowing. 

I don't think I'm stressed..

Admittedly my post-holiday resolution to stop saying 'yes' - you know, when someone says, 'can you ...?' 'will you ...?' - has already fallen at the wayside. Someone phoned me on Tuesday and asked if I would be willing to speak to a group of women. Anticipating the question my head was already thinking yes before she'd finished speaking. I probably should have asked her what she wanted me to talk about.

But that's not until some time in the next year and, anyway, when I'm actually doing it I quite enjoy speaking to groups if it's something about which I'm enthusiastic, so that's not stressing me.

So I've cleaned the lounge and now I'm sitting here with a big bag of cherries, courtesy of a friend of Woody's in Zac's. They are so delicious! But it is a very large bagful so I must resist the temptation to just keep going. But you know what it's like with cherries; one leads to another  and to another ...

Oh, I remember. When I was on holiday I was trying to recall the television programme that was on when I was a child. It was about life under the sea and it featured a man and wife who were divers. I think. A-googling I must go.

Hm, Hans and Lotte Hass. Not a children's programme but it must have been them. Unless it wasn't about underwater.

Much later
It suddenly came back to me: Michaela and Amand Denis. And it was a wildlife programme not undersea.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I got confused... ��������

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

There's no such thing as an oversized bag of cherries.
But you've now got me wondering. I'm not sure whether I could tell between photos of Michaela Denis, Lotte Hass and Fanny Craddock.

nick said...

I have plenty of anxiety dreams but not yet any about being unprepared for Christmas. Of course we don't have a huge family gathering at Christmas so there's not much to be anxious about. But I have plenty of dreams about getting lost and wondering how on earth I find my way back home.

Liz Hinds said...

what confused you, Anne?

I think Fanny Craddock would stand out, sonata.

It's a good job psychiatrists can't see into our dreams, nick, or indeed anyone.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

The whole post.. 😂😂😂🤔🤔.why do you stress dream about Christmas Dinner so often?