Friday, July 13, 2018

Bye bye, France!

On the ferry merrily chugging across the calm sea.

A delicious meal last night, did I mention that? Fillet of sardine with a glazed tomato tartlet followed by braised beef cheek and vegetables. I had never eaten cheek before and when the proprietor told me what I'd ordered I was tempted to settle for cod instead but it was lovely. Very slow-cooked and tender and tasty. And the vegetables were yummy too - unusual in restaurants in tourist resorts I find. And they provided a second basket of bread to mop up the gravy. All very civilised.

I was going to say no to dessert (and have an ice cream elsewhere) but when I found out that the tiramisu didn't contain coffee I opted for that - and I'm glad I did. A mix of the usual creamy tiramisu base (I assume), apples, speculoos (a biscuit) and salted caramel sauce. Scrummy. Photos to follow.

So we return to a country still in a state over Brexit and currently being visited by Hideous Trump; England has been knocked out of the world cup and Wales never got there. We're also coming home to beautiful grandchildren and a dopey dog. Oh yes and children too. CoilC be worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

. . . " and currently being visited by Hideous Trump; "
there aren't enough words to apologize for this creature. but I will say them anyway.
as an American (who never voted for him) to the rest of the world who must also endure him. . . I humbly apologize!