Friday, July 06, 2018

"And here we see the giant squid ..."

"I am an obsessive compulsive apologiser."
"Quite right too," Husband said. "You are woman. You should know your place."
"I do. That's why I have a man to carry my bag for me."

Swimming and sun-bathing followed by a stroll into Port Frejus for an ice cream from the shop that might be recommended as the best by Trip advisor; Husband couldn't be sure. It was very nice anyway. I have not done very well for ice cream this holiday, certainly not up to my at least one a day standard.

Currently relaxing in the air-conditioned caravan before setting off for another Rocky cove and some more snorkeling.

I am being very brave snorkeling: I am not a confident swimmer and I also begin to panic if I go too long without breathing through my nose. I do like the breathing noises you can hear when doing it though. Apart from the fact that it's a reassurance that I'm still alive I can pretend I'm in a film or a David Attenborough documentary.

In the sea this morning three French women complimented me on my bathing costume. They didn't speak English and I have already explained my French language problem but we still managed to agree on the holds me in and lifts me up benefits of this costume.



3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I agree, it's quite reassuring hearing the odd breath. And I tend to worry about getting it slightly wrong.

Ole Phat Stu said...

You could also pretend to be Darth Vader ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

That was another option I thought of mentioning, Stu, but it sounded too silly!