Thursday, June 07, 2018

A lovely day that ended badly

After looking after GrandSon4 this morning while Nuora was preparing for their holiday starting tomorrow I worked on my next article for The Bay this afternoon. Then played again with GrandSon4 when they came around to check the bees before holidaying.

So far so good.

Dinner followed by some television. Husband was trying to get BBC iplayer to work when there was a kerfuffle outside and a bird banged into the window. A blue tit was flying around in an agitated fashion so I got up to see what was going on.

A magpie had a baby blue tit in its mouth. I banged the window and the magpie dropped its prey. I rushed outside but I was too late: baby blue tit was dead. I tried massaging its tiny chest but it was still.

I buried it in the garden.

Husband pointed out that I probably deprived a baby magpie of its supper and I know it's the way of nature but I don't care. Nasty birds.

No comments: