Thursday, May 24, 2018

Royal wedding 1

Royal wedding last weekend. Most of my friends on Facebook are pinky - or possibly scarlet - liberals and would have nothing to do with it but when I dared to say I was watching it a few came out of the closet and admitted they would too.

The bride looked gorgeous and so happy. The groom looked terrified. I loved Mike Tindall stroking his wife's pregnant belly. And David Beckham so jolly and smiley. Surprised to see one the York girls in crimplene. Hadn't realised it had made a comeback. The York girls. Hm, now there's a dynasty brewing that could challenge for the monarchy. Were we living a few centuries ago.

Music-wise apart from Stand By Me and Bread of Heaven it was rather drab I felt. Not quite cheery enough for a wedding. I understand a lot of it was suggested by Prince Charles. I assume the congregation was under strict instructions not to join in with Stand By Me but they could have at least jiggled. Or looked as if they were enjoying it. 

But a beautiful day for a couple who seem very happy together.


2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I think everyone watched it, though a lot said that they were 'only waiting for the football'. The flowers were beautiful, everyone had uncomfortable shoes on, the sermon was wonderful, the couple looked very happy and whoever managed to keep the bridesmaids and pages quiet was brilliant!

Liz Hinds said...

I suspect a load of colouring books or, possibly these days, tablets - as in ipads not sleeping pills.