Sunday, May 06, 2018

How to close a drawer

I need to teach Husband a lesson.

Not in the 'pay him back' mean way but actually teach him how to do something. In this case, how to close drawers and doors.

* * * * * * * *
This reminds me of a book I read on holiday, Not Working. It's an interesting style the writer has used interspersing her main story with brief snippets such as overheard conversations and reflections. It goes against everything that is taught on writing courses i.e. if a paragraph doesn't move the story on then delete it. Even if you love it or think it's funny/poignant/thrilling.

But I quite like the asides and often employ them here on my blog. They're bits that don't add up to a complete story but I find them quite amusing.

* * * * * * * *
You know sometimes when an email arrives a mini preview will appear in the corner of your computer screen? 

Well, one, addressed to Husband, just popped up from Jessops (the camera place) saying, 'We hope you are pleased with your new DSLR.'

Does Husband have a secret hobby he's not told me about? 

P.S. Apparently not. He's just checking our credit card bill to make sure we haven't been hacked.

No comments: