Thursday, March 22, 2018

Taking a sabbatical

There were lots of things I was thankful for yesterday:
the opportunity to take grandchildren swimming - and see Alun Wyn Jones (Wales rugby captain);
losing one pound in weight (in spite of the curry);
being fit enough to exercise.

I'm sure there were other things but they escape my memory at the moment.

Today I'm grateful for the opportunity Sean gave me three years ago to lead a women's bible study group. I have enjoyed much about it especially the necessity to do thorough bible research in preparation. In recent months though it's become a burden rather than a pleasure so today I led my last study (on joy) for the foreseeable future as I take a sabbatical.

Which will allow me to spend time writing. I am working on a project - a ghost-written autobiography - about which I am excited so I'm very happy.

Now all I have to do is write it!

Today I'm also grateful to Younger Son who came and cooked yummy chicken and vegetable curries for us for dinner.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy to hear you will get back to that project now. I know you have talked about this before. Enjoy yourself!

PipeTobacco said...

Wow! How exciting!!! Is it one that will be published at its conclusion? I am in awe and impressed! I always have had a "pipe dream" to write some form of book!!!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Sharon.

I hope so, PipeTobacco. I ghost-wrote A Cop for Christ (Mike DiSanza)that was published by Hodder and is available on Amazon. I have rwitten a large chunk of this new one and have started approaching publishers. Hard work though!