Sunday, May 07, 2017

I like to call myself a writer

At one time I had great aspirations to be a famous (and rich would be nice too) writer. Frequent knockbacks have knocked that out of me and today I'm happy writing for The Bay magazine and my blog. (Of course I'm not really. I still yearn for publication of a novel by a proper publisher, for recognition that my work is good. But I think I may have to give self publishing another go. Else I'll be dead before I'm famous. Come to think of it, lots of people get more famous once they're dead ...)

But way back when, when I began this journey, I invested in lots of books. I have what could be called a mini library of 'how to write _______ (fill in the gap with your choice). Most of which I've barely looked at; some of which I've not even opened.

So in the spirit of de-cluttering they're going. Leaving me with room on my bookshelf for ... more books!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I bought the books too, and saved 'How To' clues off the net, I even joined a writer's group. Sigh. I read some best selling writer's works and realized all the 'How To' was making money for that writer.

Liz Hinds said...

That's very true, SJ. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I should write a book called 'How to be an unsuccessful writer.'

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I don't have a clue, how people write fiction. It seems like a rare gift, to be able to do so. Or an Art.

And with such, I'd think it could not be taught in books. Maybe....?

Just my thought...