Monday, March 20, 2017

Another short one

Okay so I've rewritten the blog post I was going to post yesterday but I'm not posting it yet. I want to have some details checked by someone I trust.

In other news, GrandSon4 is much improved and eating better.

I spent a large part of today walking to and fro between banks in the pouring rain trying to persuade them to accept a cheque. You wouldn't think they'd be so reluctant, would you? As an executrix I should have waved my wand, said the magic word, 'Acceptiamus!' and they'd have been saying please and thank you good as can be. 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

The days of checks are nearing an end, I think. Sigh ...
You may need some other magic ...

Liz Hinds said...

I think you're right, SJ. My Daughter-in-law asked about postal orders the other day. I wonder if they are still available. Did you have those?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh Heavens , no . Banks don't DO things any more !
The few branches that are still open house a couple of cash machines and an insurance salesman . If you've got the stamina , you can 'phone ...