Friday, November 25, 2016

The wedding of the year

A lovely day yesterday at the wedding of James and Heather at Corran Spa Hotel. Would have been better if the heating in our room had been working but we weren't in there that much.
And, as promised, the cake as made by my fair hands. The wedding was travel-themed.
And ... I wore high heels all day! At least from 2-7, which fortunately included a lot of sitting down although I was afraid to take them off in case I couldn't get them back on. And I only had one problem, that is if you don't count walking: we all had to go outside on the cobblestones for a photo and my heel got stuck between two stones so my foot moved and my shoe stayed behind.
That's my Vietnam dress; I don't think I've shown you before. It's the one I had made to measure in 24 hours in - oh, can't remember where exactly other than Vietnam. See? High heels.



5 comments:

nick said...

I like the set-of-suitcases wedding cake. It must have taken quite a while to get all the details right!

Liz Hinds said...

About a day, Nick!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Fabulous cake , no wonder you're asked to make so many .
The dress is lovely and well done on the heels ... torture !

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Amazing cake and lovely dress. Always amazes me how these countries can do it in 24 hours. X

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks both.