Monday, August 08, 2016

In Sainsburys shopping for food I picked up a couple of dvds. Naturally. No, really we'd almost run out of things to watch and i felt like a laugh so I opted for The Big Wedding and Dirty Grandpa on the principle that they were cheap and if Robert de Niro was in them they couldn't be all bad.

I was wrong.

The Big Wedding, also starring Susan Sarandon and Diane Keaton, was okay but Dirty Grandpa, which also starred Zac Ephron, who I believe is a big favourite among young people of the female persuasion, was definitely aimed at a younger viewing public. Or a different viewing public. Let's just say that Husband laughed more than me.

We're mostly watching White Collar about an expert forger who works for the FBI instead of being in prison. It's light, fun and they always get their man - mostly too easily and predictably but it doesn't challenge the brain so is ideal for slopping lounging in front of the television of an evening.

I just noticed on the radio times page that Hugh Laurie is starring in a new series called Chase, in which he plays a forensic neuroscientist. On the principle that anything with Hugh Laurie in will be good I am eagerly anticipating it. Unfortunately it's on Hulu. I have never heard of Hulu. Is it like Netflix, where you have to subscribe? I could google it I suppose.

In the meantime here's a bit of House.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

My TV comes to me thanks to Ziggo , which seems to have the same mishmash of reality shows , re-runs and elderly films as Yahoo , WhoWho and KuKu . ( some of these last may not in fact be real )
With any luck sensible television will return in September .

Liz Hinds said...

I hope so, sonata. It's pretty dire now.