Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Why have you got hair there, Granny?

'Because ladies have hair there.'
I adjusted my swimming costume.
'I can still see it,' GrandDaughter said.

The trouble with shaving in the shower is that one doesn't wear one's glasses in the shower and thus one doesn't see stray hairs. Or potentially rampant hairs in this case.

I took a great deal of time and care in the shower this morning.

* * * * * * * * *
In the car on the way to Zac's last night I did a stand-up comedy routine. In an Irish accent. I was hilarious. At least I made myself laugh out loud.

I don't think the world in general is ready for my humour yet though.

* * * * * * * * *
We had out first lot of injections prior to our Malaysia Vietnam trip today. I had one in each arm and it was painless (almost). My left arm hurts now though. If I touch the injection spot. Or lift my arm.

We still have to decide what others we want. We could if we wished - and paid a lot of money - be protected against Japanese encephalitis, hepatitis B and rabies. I think we might get the rabies one because, as Husband pointed out, I do have a tendency to want to feed strays.

4 comments:

Katney said...

There was an encephalitis spread by ticks when we went to Siberia. I wonder if it was the same one. There was a vaccine for it, but it was not available in the US. Or in Russia, I presume. Instead we had nasty kill all the ticks (and a brain cell or two) insecticide sprays to dowse our clothes and ourselves with when we went hiking.

Liz Hinds said...

When we went to New York it was at the time that Central park was closed for times during the day because of the mosquitoes. WE also had to spray everything.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Why didn't you do you stand up in Welsh , now that would be funny :-) :-)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'd certainly go for the rabiƫs one , funds allowing . Then you can relax around stray dogs and just enjoy the trip ( which sounds wonderful ! )