Monday, December 15, 2014

Stop dancing, Granny

I have two new Christmas cds this years: Michael Buble and the Puppini Sisters (a bit like the Andrews Sisters according to the blurb - I wouldn't know being far too young to remember them).

We were listening to Mr Buble while GrandDaughter was having lunch yesterday and, naturally, I began to dance around the kitchen. GrandDaughter did not approve and told me in no uncertain terms to stop. I laughed and carried on and she said, 'I'm serious. This isn't funny,' which of course made me laugh and dance even more. But she really really meant it.

I didn't think my dancing was that bad ...

3 comments:

nick said...

Why are young people so censorious about us oldies dancing (or whatever else we enjoy)? If they don't like it, they should look the other way.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Loved this story , my granddaughter Olivia wants me to dance , doesn't matter where we are . If she hears music in the co-op or the shopping centre :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, nick. Why spoil my fun?

I don't know why she was so dead set against me dancing, Anne. Funny child.