Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Jew or not a Jew?

I thought I saw a man in the woods today standing by a tree. An Orthodox Jew to be precise. My imaginings are very specific.

I blame George: he'd stood and stared so maybe he imagined him too.

I had been thinking about Abraham ready for tonight's bible study but I don't think anyone would classify him as an Orthodox Jew. In fact were he to turn up and ask to join an OJ synagogue today they'd probably uncircumcise him or whatever they do for being a disgrace.

Yet God loved him and that is a great relief to us less than perfect people.

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Maybe you did see him ?
While I don't go around trailing white robes and telling people's fortunes , I don't see why he shouldn't have popped up for a moment . He may even have wondered why you were there !