Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just a little snip

You would not believe how much fun circumcision can be!

Steve was leading the bible study last night - thankfully - on the bit where God makes this wonderful agreement with Abraham. God says, 'You'll have lots of children, the land of Canaan and I'll be with you and your descendants for ever.' That sort of thing. At which point Abraham is no doubt thinking, 'Cool.'
Then God says, 'All I want you to do in return is ... cut off the end of your willy (as Steve explained it).'

Still it was only a little thing to ask really. (And you would not believe the number of plays on words that can be thought up by an irreverent crowd. Snippets. Tip of the iceberg. Etc.)

At one point Ric said, 'This topic was made for Liz to cover.'
Steve agreed, 'I feel I am depriving her.'

No, really, you carry on. I'm happy to be in the crowd for this one.

6 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Seems Steve and Ric had reached the cut-off point ;-)

nick said...

I like a good joke as much as anyone, but I have to say I have very strong feelings about male circumcision. I think it's both damaging and unnecessary and should be banned.

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, stu.

AS should female circumcision, nick.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That gave me a good laugh.

Liz Hinds said...

I'm glad, pat!

Furtheron said...

Why don't Christians follow this tradition then? Do Muslims? Totally showing my ignorance now!