Saturday, September 21, 2013

We needed sustenance

With all these long healthy walks we needed occasional refreshment stops and I have to say we didn't have a bad experience - other than Naturally Scrumptious in Aberaeron where I was given a teabag in a cup but even there the welshcakes were very good. 

The cafe in the car park at Llangrannog had lovely home made cakes and ice cream and Creme Pen Cai in New Quay had an amazing range of home made ice creams and sorbets. I eventually opted for honeycomb & butterscotch with creme brulee while Husband had sticky toffee, fig and walnut. Quite expensive but worth it. Oh and the tiny little cafe in Cwmtydu also had good home made cakes especially the plum crumble cake - and proper tea in a tea pot .

In New Quay we enjoyed 'the best fish and chips I can remember having' according to Husband, sitting on the sea front spotting dolphins. It's not much that will drag my attention away from my chips but dolphins do the trick.

Then last night, for our farewell dinner, we went to the Harbour Master in Aberaeron. A Michelin restaurant it was certainly very popular. My starter of Cardigan Bay crab bhajis was nice but I couldn't taste the crab but my Cardigan Bay lobster with warm rocket and potato salad was divine.





4 comments:

Leslie: said...

We definitely need to imitate your holiday! :D

Furtheron said...

Aberaeron is one of the prettiest places I've ever been to. We had a lovely tea there one day.

Unknown said...

There is some scrumptious looking food in those photos, Liz. Now I feel like eating something sinful...

Cardigan Bay...in New Zealand there was a very famous racehorse called Cardigan Bay. Won every race he ran. My father's cousin owned him and made lots of lovely loot. Pity we're not in touch...

Liz Hinds said...

But without a broken ankle, leslie! Hope's yours doing?

I'm sure it is very pretty in the sunshine, furtheron ...

Racehorses have strange names, robyn, but as long as it won!