Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just an ordinary Sunday

I'm not sure where I am at the moment. In fact I've been a bit zombified most of the day and it's largely down to getting up at 4.30 this morning. 

It should have been 5.30 and, indeed, that's what the clock said, but we lost an hour - although even if we hadn't I'd have been struggling with a 5.30 start.

Now, why, you're wondering, did she get up at that time anyway. I'll tell you: because my mouth speaks before my brain thinks. Which is how I came to be in Zac's at 6.00 am ready to prepare breakfast for those spiritual Christians who were meeting on the beach for a celebration Easter sunrise service.

About 60 people turned up for bacon rolls and, thanks to the generosity of the local Tesco Express manager, freshly baked croissants. He also gave us the bread for the butties so we're very grateful to him and for the support he's given Zac's in other ways since before Christmas.

Before the hungry mob arrived there were just 5 of us, the breakfast volunteers, in Zac's and the radio was playing an Easter music programme. As the song, Jesus Christ is risen today, alleluia, came on it occurred to me that that was precisely why we, a disparate group of people, were there today or any Tuesday during the year.

Because he rose and makes a difference in our lives.

6 comments:

Katney said...

Did you start summer time today?

Daylight Saving Time started here the second week of March. It used ot be the first weekend of April, and so we have to remember to set our clock next week, as it automatically changes on the old schedule.

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, we did, katney, though you wouldn't tell by the temperature!

Katney said...

Just came home from an Easter Egg Hunt--school project I was mentor for--and it was HOT!! I think spring is here, cause they were doing frost control a couple of days ago. That is spring here.

Ole Phat Stu said...

It's easter, so you're not the only one who was zombified ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

Apparently it was the coldest Easter here ever, katney.

Liz Hinds said...

Mine has worn off yet either, stu.