Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sometimes Husband forgets I'm a girl


He thinks I'm Eric Idle or John Cleese.

I'm cleaning the bedroom when he calls up to me, 'Will you come and help me, please?'
I obediently trot outside and he says, 'I just want you to pull this tree down.' Yes, he's up to his lumberjack tricks again.
These conifers have grown out of control. He's trimmed them in the past but they need serious pruning as they keep a lot of light out of the garden. Hence Husband is spending his spare time up a ladder, chain-saw in hand. 'Here, wrap this rope around you. I need your 9 stone to stop this quarter of a ton tree falling into next door's garden.'
I try not to watch: it's far too scary. Even when I was pulling on the rope I kept my eyes averted. But all went well and one tree is now in branches on the floor. At least the top of it is.
Only 3 more to go ...

4 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Very scary .. you hubby is a brave man and you are even braver ... no way would I of helped him .. LOL

Leslie: said...

I hate it when I'm in the middle of something and I hear, "Leslie, come here for a minute, okay?" grrr

Liz Hinds said...

I was quite safe, anne, out of range. Husband on the other hand ...

It's annoying, leslie, but it was quite fun yesterday.

Furtheron said...

I'd pay someone to do that... :-)