Friday, June 15, 2012

in need of servicing

As well as a bad back (lifting grandchildren awkwardly I suspect) I have another, potentially much more serious, problem: my warning bells aren't working.


I was doing an interview on local radio this lunchtime and when I set off I thought to myself, 'I'll take the short cut.' And that's when the bells should have started.


Ah well, I was only a little bit late and I had to wait at the studio for about 10 minutes anyway so it wasn't a problem but it did raise my stress levels. I always leave things too late and then get stressed. I can't seem to learn the lesson that if I want a carefree life I need to allow more time than I think I need to do anything/get anywhere. Better to be early and calm. 


If only I could learn that lesson.

No comments: