Sunday, April 22, 2012

Woodman, woodman, spare that tree

This is what we've been doing for the last few days. (Note the royal we. Actually it was Husband and Elder Son doing the work.)

Husband was in his element cutting down trees. It's possibly his one regret in life that he took up computer programming rather than becoming a lumberjack. And you can just see Elder Son chopping down the smaller tree at the back in between being told to pull the rope ... oh no, run!

No harm was done to either of them and not a lot to neighbours' property either. And the tiny bit of damage that was done Husband blamed on the tree: 'It's a different sort of tree from the ones I'm used to.'

George meanwhile was in kennels where he has developed a reputation for being a con artist. 'One of us feeds him,' the girl told Husband, 'but when another goes into the kennel he sits and looks sorrowfully, as if he was missed out first time round.' It's no wonder he comes back with a round belly.

And while GrandSon1 was napping yesterday I took the opportunity to pop along to the second-hand book sale. It was a good sale! I would have bought more but Husband phoned me and ordered me home!
The ones on the left are for GrandDaughter, ones on the right for GrandSon1 (yes, I brought them home with me by mistake) and the ones in the middle for me, so it wasn't too extravagant really.
And they have these charity book sales once a month ...

5 comments:

CherryPie said...

That is an impressive spending spree ;-)

mrsnesbitt said...

I am reading quite a good book at the moment......by a lady called Liz Hinds! Now the Psychiatrist sounds a nice chap...unlike the one who ate peanuts with his mouth open!!!!!!!

Katney said...

I have a tree that....no, I don't think I should suggest that it come out. He might actually try it.

nick said...

The wrong sort of tree? Now where have I heard that one before? The wrong sort of leaves, the wrong sort of snow....

Liz Hinds said...

Think it cost about £15 all together, cherrypie, so not bad!

I see Alan rickman as the psychiatrist, mrs n.

He would, katney!

Precisely, nick!