Monday, April 30, 2012

The Bookseller of Derwen Fawr

My first stock of paperbacks arrived today!
Just as Husband tells me he's found a mistake on the FIRST page! And Janet tells me she found 2 other mistakes.


I can't believe it: me, the one who picks up errors in other people's professionally-published books, letting them get through in mine. I put it down to familiarity: I see what I expect to see. But this does demonstrate the advantage of not doing-it-yourself. With a publisher comes a copy editor.


Ah, well, I'll have to hope most people aren't as eagle-eyed as Husband and Janet.


By the way, if you still want to buy this flawed manuscript, it's available from me or from Lulu.com

4 comments:

Rose said...

How exciting to see your book in print! Don't worry, though--I've found lots of mistakes in books that were supposedly carefully read through by professional copy editors.

Katney said...

Ditto what Rose said. I used to proofread my editor's copy at the newspaper and didn't find anything glaring in your book.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It's very hard to see all our own errors, Liz and I agree with Rose here. Don't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Keep this going please, great job!

Visit my web page; Costa rica hotel playa hermosa